Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, July 2, 2012

First Week in Southend

 
Ahoy!

                Things are good. Each day I get up, study, scrounge something to eat, and then we go street-contacting on like the main street thing. Yesterday when we did that one of the people we talked to bought us ice cream and wants to meet with us again. It’s amazing how blessed you are as a missionary. Then we usually have some appointments and a dinner appointment. We have had a dinner appointment every night! It’s great. We eat that down-home British food. It’s very good actually.

                There are some great investigators here and some good less active members as well. Everybody is very nice.

                I’m still trying to learn how finances work here!!! The mission card thing is fine -- I just never know how much I have on it.

                I haven’t taken pictures yet here but I will!

                Yesterday was my first day of church in the ward. I got up, said a few jokes, said my testimony, and everybody was very nice. We have a dinner appointment every night this week and I think we have a breakfast appointment. The members here are quite nice.

                The usual meal is mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding with some kind of meat. I guess this week somebody is taking us to some restaurant called The Carvery. My companion said it is pretty dank. And usually we drink apple juice. It’s all pretty good.

                My companion and I dedicated a grave yesterday. Graveyards here are actually really scary. All the graves seem like they would be in that one scene of Harry Potter. But I am telling you this story for a different reason. While my companion was dedicating it, I looked at one of the other graves and it was some old lady. It said her name on the headstone and what not but underneath her name was a quote. All the quote said was "I told you I was sick." I almost started laughing so hard but instead I just smiled. I guess her family didn’t actually think she was sick hahaha.  Poor woman.

                I am not really homesick but I am kind of America sick. You never really appreciate what you have till it’s gone. Europe is so much different than the states, but I LOVE England so far.

                I forgot to mention one thing. I saw a fox yesterday. It was cool. I guess you see them all over the place here. I had never seen one before that. It was in the yard of an Anglican church just kinda chillin’.

                All is good here. Tell everyone I love them.