Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, July 30, 2012

British Nationalism with a Side of Potatoes

Hey Ya'll,

This week has been pretty crazy. At the beginning of the week we were working really really hard and we tracted for pretty much an entire day, but we really didn’t see anything come from it. It made a few days really long, but I am getting used to things. And it has been HOT this week – really hot – which made tracting even worse.

Later in the week I had a workover.  It was me and an elder named Elder Mosalakae.  He is from South Africa. We were in Soufend [sic.]. We went and street contacted for three hours or so and we got quite a few potential investigators. Elder Moalakae and I tracted a little circle street, and they were all Jewish!   Almost all of them answered the door with some really cheeky comment about being Jewish -- I couldn’t help but laugh. But it was still a pretty hard week.

We still have two baptismal dates lined up! They are on Sunday.  I am really excited about those. I have grown really close to the people we are baptizing. Elder Murri and I have been giving the woman that is getting baptized (Chris) and her husband (Andy) some lessons about the temple.  They are the two that I call my British parents. They really like the temple, and they plan on getting sealed in it in a year or so. So yeah, the baptismal dates are still on.

My goodness I cannot tell you how many potatoes we eat for every meal!  On Sunday three of the four courses were potatoes.  There were mashed potatoes, [croquette] potatoes, and fried potatoes, and fried chicken. I’m still getting used to eating all continental style, but I am not too bad at it. And I really like all of the food here -- I am loving it.

The buzz here is all about the Olympic opening ceremony. That is all everyone is talking about. It made a lot of British people cry I think. They all liked the history part. So there has been some British nationalism this week, everyone is proud to be British. Which is fun because Britain is really starting to feel like a second home.  I feel the same as they do almost.  Not to the extent of crying about it though. Really though you should hear people talk about how good it was, they absolutely loved it.



I went into London today just to be around the Olympics. It was pretty exciting to be around that atmosphere.  We went into Hyde Park and they had all of these huge screens playing all of these different events, and there were people from all over the place. It was fun.

That’s all I can really think about this week. We are praying for a really good teaching week this week. I am still loving the Book of Mormon and study time.

Love you guys so much. Thanks for praying for me, I can really feel it.