Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, July 16, 2012

Third Week in Southend


Hey there,

I had " bubble and squeak" [on Saturday]!  Somebody had us over for afternoon tea. I actually liked it, even though it had cabbage. I like the food here a lot. We had African food a few days earlier – it was really really good.



We take lots of trains here which is fun.  I forgot to mention that.  It is pretty efficient, I must say.


Also, [Friday] was really interesting.  We talked with a Muslim family who invited us into their home.  In their house they really did all of the teaching, not us, and they give me a Quran in English.   I looked it over – it’s pretty interesting. They were really nice people, though, and in fact they had a lot in common with our church. It was cool to talk to them even though we didn’t really get a word in. But nonetheless they were super nice and even fed us.

Later that day a couple of Jehovah Witnesses stopped us and talked to us to. Elder Murri says they stop him a lot. They really just bashed Mormons and the Book of Mormon.  It was the worst hour of my entire mission thus far. I just scowled the whole time, I’m pretty sure.  Finally we just left.

I love the time I have to study here! I didn’t think I would before I came out on a mission but it’s the best.  My knowledge of the gospel, especially of the Book of Mormon, has grown leaps and bounds! It’s incredible. I'm trying to understand the Old Testament better as well.  I love it. I don’t keep very good notes, but I’ll work on that.

We have a 100 % confirmed baptism date for the 4th of August! She and her husband are the ones that want me to stay with them.  They feel like my British parents haha. So that’s good. We are teaching a lot of other people too.  We had a solid 2 weeks of just finding hour after hour.  It sucked at the time but now we teach a ton of lessons. I am still reading the Book of Mormon which I am loving.  During study I try to understand everything in every chapter and I do all of the cross reference things.  It’s really good.

No health problems or anything.  My lower back has been kind of hurt for the last few weeks but I think it is going away.

I went into some of the stores here today, holy cow!  The clothes here are tight! They are all super cheap too. I got a few skinny European ties just so I can blend in a bit more. Compared to the suits here my suit looks like a parachute :(   but it’s all good in da hood.

Hope all is well in SLC.
All is good here in GB. (rhyme intended)

Love you guys.
  
Later that day….

Hey!!!

We are meeting with the B of M girl next week!

We actually have a nice investigator pool going! Elder Murri and I worked HARD the past two weeks and now we have like 8 investigators coming to church and about 12 total.  It’s awesome.  Hopefully we can get some baptism dates soon. We have seen a lot of miracles this week as well!  For instance one day we were walking down High Street and Elder Murri was asking how many people have a Book of Mormon in Southend (or in the Essex accent "Soufend”) that we don't know of.  We prayed about it and we met 3 people that day that have read the Book of Mormon!  It was awesome.

Smell ya later.