Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, July 9, 2012

Second Week in Southend (All is Good in the Southend 'Hood)



Ahoy there.

All is well in the field!  We have 2 people getting baptized on August 4th -- wooohoo!  The only thing I could complain about is my back hurts at the end of each day but that’s about it.

I met my new mission president, President Jordan.  I already really really like him.  He is going to do miracles here I think.  When I was talking to him he got all excited and said he had talked to my dad before [he came to London]. I’m really excited he and I started our missions at the same time. He is great and his wife is just as wonderful.

Speaking of miracles one happened this week. On Tuesday my companion felt that we should go knock on some doors on the other side of town, so that’s what we did. We took a bus up there and the second house we knocked on some 20-something-year-old girl answered and let us in. Her name was Hailey and we started talking about the Book of Mormon but she had to go to work and left. But she was really interested. On Thursday when I was packing my bag I didn’t know why but I put an extra Book of Mormon in my bag. Later that day we saw Hailey on the street and I gave her the Book of Mormon. We called her yesterday and she has already started reading it and we are meeting with her this week. Pretty awesome.

We don’t have a car, or bikes. But we do have feet. And we have bus passes that we can use to get us to distant parts of our area. Our area is really really big actually. I am always lost so it’s good Elder Murri knows his stuff.

Things with Elder Murri are great. We get along brilliantly. We teach well together too. So all is good in Southend hood.

By the way one of the baptisms is this woman named Chris Sanders. Her husband is a member. They are probably almost sixty in age and they are THE BEST. I feel like they are my parents here. They always feed us and invite us over. And Chris is getting baptized. Their house is nice too so it’s fun going over there. But I am telling you this because one day I was talking to them about surfing. They were telling me that the place to do that in England was Cornwall (which I already knew of course) but then they were saying that when I get off my mission they want me to come spend a couple weeks with them and go to Cornwall so I can surf and so they can show me "the real British countryside." Pretty crazy, aye?

I went into London today and saw all the Olympic stuff. It was pretty cool.


Love you guys.
Christiano Purdy