Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Transfer: Off to Norwich



            So there I was, with a belly full of curry that our dear investigator Ashwani and his lovely wife Eisha prepared for us, walking down the street of Letchworth Garden City, a man drives past shouting something derogatory, we laugh and continue our walk into a little park.  Then we get a call from President Jordan. Elder Botcha answers, hands the phone to me and President Jordan says “Elder Purdy you are off to be a Zone Leader in Norwich.”
            Norwich! I am northbound.  I am off to outer darkness haha.  I hope I don’t pick up that strange Norfolk accent.
            So it looks like I’ve got a 3-hour train ride tomorrow to Norwich. I am looking forward to it. My new companion is Elder Doudou from Berlin, Germany. I think it will be fun. I will miss being around London but hey Norwich will be pretty wicked. I hear it is pretty different up there. I also hear they have some lovely beaches up there so I will have to check them out.
            I'll miss Hitchin. I really have loved this place. I’ll miss Letchworth and my black squirrel friends, and I'll miss this ward. This ward has been absolutely fantastic. They will all be missed. I am leaving at time when we are starting to see some really good success as well. Ashwani and his son Nathan are doing so well and they love having lessons. We taught them yesterday and then they fed us curry afterwards and while we were eating Nathaniel asked if he could have another lesson. He is 9 and he wants to get baptized this October. Ashwani is really sincere and wants to find the truth. We have taught him a lot about apostasy and restoration and he is really starting to pick up on the idea.
            Unfortunately I will have to leave that all behind. But hey ho!
            I am looking forward to a new adventure. Elder Botcha's curry will be sorely missed – and all of his little India quirks. But he is looking forward to teaching Ashwani and Nathan and furthering the work here in Hitchin.
            Well that’s the news from my end. Hope you all have a good week!

Love


Elder Purdy