Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, October 7, 2013

"Narich"

Hello from Norwich, 
            Well, I must say, I do like it here. The city is really cool – lots of history.  It’s huge and there are tons of people.  There are two massive cathedrals – one Anglican, one Catholic. And Norwich Castle is right in the middle of the city.  Some of the ruins from the wall are still in the city here and there. It’s a funky place.
            We don't have a flat up here we have a house haha, so it’s nice having a back garden and stuff. It’s a nice place to live.
            The accent is a mix between farmer and I don’t even know what.  It’s different. Not everyone has it though, just the proper Norfolk people in the country.
This picture was taken at King's Cross where I saw Elder Torbit.
The guy is a stud.
            Well, when we switched companions in London it was “go” right from the start. We drove up to Norwich which took 4 hours, we unpacked my bags, then we went and had two lessons with some of our investigators. The University up here, the University of East Anglia, is really big and we cover it.  We try to get lots of young YSA. There are tons of Chinese people and they make up a big part of our teaching pool.  We taught one of them named Luke who really has no belief in God. It is so weird trying to teach somebody that really has no background with ANY belief. You really have to simplify things a lot, but I have learned a lot about teaching from these lessons. They are so cool. Helping these people see who and what God is, what creation is – it’s nuts. But the spirit is so strong in these lessons! They are cool. We taught him, and then we taught a couple of our other Chinese investigators, Jessica and Doris (really Chinese names). Then we went home and ate dinner.
            The next day, Thursday, we had to wake up at 4:00, get ready and everything, and then catch a train to London again. Had a meeting there all day then we went back up to Norwich and made lots of calls.
            Friday was the most normal day. We taught some LA's and went tracting and planned for the week to come. We have a car so I get to drive again, We drove up to the north part of our area on the coast. Norfolk is known for its nice beaches, and it actually has a couple surf spots, so that’s nice. It was good to see.
            Saturday we had a meeting with our zone, and then Elder Doudou and I went to the University to go and find some more people. We found a Fijian family. I told them I lived in Hawaii. They were stoked and we got a return appointment with them. We also got in contact with another Fijian named Umi who used to investigate. We should be seeing him this week. And I called a former investigator who was very pleased to hear from us. She wanted us to come around and said, “130 members of my family live in New Zealand and they all are members of your church now. I want to find out more about it.” So I hope that goes well.
            Sunday was General Conference. I thought all of the talks were great as usual. Really missionary minded. Crazy! The Lord really is hastening his work, I can definitely feel it. And I am excited to see the success come from the miracles that follow! Things have been so crazy this week and this next week looks pretty pivotal on the progress of our investigators so I am looking forward to it. General Conference has gotten me charged up. 
            I am looking forward to teaching our Fijian people, our Chinese people, and of course our British people. It’s going to be a good week. 

Love you all,
Elder Purdy