Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Satan Don't Kick No Dead Dogs

           

                This week has been crazy.  There is way too much stuff going on. It feels like I have been fighting for my life.
 
            There is this whole Anti-Mormon stand that is set up every day on High Street, which makes talking to people rather difficult. But it has made things fun at the same time because now I study really hard so I know my stuff, because they always try and ask us questions that contradict ourselves and what not.  It’s a very competitive environment. It is honestly crazy!!!!
 
            However don’t get me wrong.  We work and try and talk to people as much as we can.  I really don’t like talking to the people that are just trying to tear us down so we try and avoid them as much as possible. But no matter how hard we try to avoid them we are always running into conversations with people that end up with Elder Murri and me defending ourselves. They are everywhere!  We can’t step a foot outside of our flat without somebody stopping us and trying make us sound like idiots and bash the heck out of us.
 
            Elder Murri and I got really upset Thursday night about all this stuff going on, and we called President Jordan. We told him about all this stuff, and he showed no sympathy whatsoever. He said "Satan don’t kick no dead dogs" and said that we should use all of this stuff to our advantage, to work hard, and show faith.  Then he said to call him when we did that.
 
            Well after all of this had happened I read this scripture in D&C 123:16 which says: “You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.”
 
            That is powerful stuff!  Being kept workways by all of this crazy opposition. Let opposition push you to be a good missionary.
 
            Anywho I am learning a lot in my studies now. Whenever people question our doctrine and what not I always use the Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon confounds them so I study it a lot.