Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, May 26, 2014

My Last Week

Hello Hello,
            Well here you go. The last real e-mail is coming from a little internet cafe in the East End. Right now it’s raining. The guy who runs this little shop is Indian and is playing some loud Punjabi music. Part of the shop is the internet cafe and the other part is a barber shop. Guess I could e-mail and get a haircut at the same time!
            Well last week was really good. Tanya is doing absolutely amazing. I can’t believe how prepared she is. I am so happy for her. We went to institute with her this last Thursday in Hyde Park and she really enjoyed it. I am pretty gutted that I am going to miss her baptism on the 14th, but she said she would send me pictures. I can already tell a difference in her from the first time we met her. She seems happier and more confident. The gospel is a miraculous thing! She was definitely the person we had to meet this transfer!
            Also this last Saturday we went to Wicked, the musical. It was really good! We were waiting by Big Ben for some other missionaries so we could all go together. It was really calm and mellow because it was at like 6 in the morning because that’s when we had to go get tickets. While we were standing there it just kind of hit me … “I am in the middle of London standing next to the Houses of Parliament. I can see Westminster Abbey, the Thames, and Big Ben.” I had never really felt like that over the past two years. I am going to miss it here so much it is unreal!
            The musical was good. We ended up getting front row seats. The lady who plays the witch that isn’t green (Glinda) is a member of the church. She saw us with our white shirts apparently and during the intermission a guy who works for the theatre told us she wanted to take us backstage after the show. So we got to do that as well. Met some of the cast and got to go and stand on the stage and stuff. It was pretty awesome. I will send the pictures.
            I am really excited just to soak up everything I can this last week – take a deep deep breath and just take it all in. I love England so so much and I am going to miss all the people I have met here. These past two years have been the best adventure, and they have gone by far too quickly. I have grown so close to my Saviour Jesus Christ, and have made so many friends. It's weird looking back and seeing all of the things that have happened! I cannot thank God enough for this experience. I can’t even begin to.
            See you all in a week!

Love,
Elder Purdy