Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, June 3, 2013

It Will Be Fun to Build an Area From Scratch


On his P-day we were on the computer the same time as Christian and we were able to get a few more details from him.  Here are some excerpts from our on-line messages:

On Hitchin and the area:

            Hitchin is beautiful -- lots of cobblestone.  I like how it is more diverse then Kent, which really isn’t that hard.  It seems like most of the former investigators up here were Jamaican.  It will be fun to just build an area from scratch.
            We are just exploring it. 
            The ward is OK -- 130 active! They all seem very nice and willing to help, but they all live pretty far away.
            I am still very lost, haha. 
            There are  9 people in my district -- 1 comp of sisters in Stevenage, 1 trio of elders in Stevenage, and 1 comp of Elders in Harlow.  Everybody is training in my district!


On his feelings about this new change:

            Traveling here was so stressful!  I had no idea where to go.  We got home at 11!!! And lunch was my first meal after 24 hours.  It’s an adventure.
            I am feeling it all -- happy, sad, excited, nervous, everything really.  Just how it goes, I guess.  I do feel like it is good for me to be here, though. 
            Things are just crazy right now.  I don’t know where I am or what I am doing, haha.  I think things will be fine.
            Our plans this week are pretty free haha.   I don’t know where to work.  Plans for the day are get groceries, call members and former investigators, and plan.  We will go finding a bit as well.
            It has been quite a ride.  It’s fun.  I still miss G2 a lot, but I am glad I left as well.  Lots of mixed emotions, but it’s good to be here :)

            It’s crazy … hard, fun, difficult, all sorts really.  

from Jen:
          He also gave us his new address so I was able to find it on Google maps street view.  This is Grove Road in Hitchin.