Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, June 17, 2013

Frustrating Work

           Where does the time go? 
            This week flew by!
            I have felt pretty frustrated because this area has a lot of potential.  Lots of good things could happen here, but we just don’t seem to be making them happen.  I feel good about the things we are doing, but I am not being very patient about how fast the work is moving here. Just gotta keep plodding along.
            We were in a place called Letchworth Garden City a lot this week.  It’s a pretty decent-sized town, and we were finding a lot of people.  We set up lots of appointments and then they all canceled or just didn’t show up. I hate that.  If there is one thing I cannot stand in missionary work, it’s hosed appointments -- and they happen every day, I swear.
            We did get one new investigator this week. Her name is Nicole.  Her parents are from Ghana I think, but she was born here. She believes in God but doesn’t have a church to go to.  Bingo. We were talking a lot about God, how he loves us and is our Heavenly Father, and we got on the subject of Him having a body.  She disagreed.  I showed her some wonderful verses in the Bible and blew her mind! God definitely has a body, how could Moses talk "face to face" with a God that didn’t, and if bodies were not so important, why did Jesus Christ need to be resurrected? The church is true. We are created in God’s image.

            Anyways, I worked it out ... and I have not been eating much for the past 3 weeks or so.  I haven’t really noticed, so my goal for this week is to eat 3 meals a day! I think before that I was eating one or two. So this will be good.
            Imma go play some badminton.

Love Love Love


Elder Purdy