Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Flamin' Nora!


                Transfers came in . . . and I am staying in Sittingbourne. Which is good news, but there is a twist.  Elder Jensen will not be staying! Instead I will be training a new missionary!
            I got the call from President Jordan last night that I will be training a new greenie this transfer.  Flamin’ Nora!  I am so nervous!
            I thought Elder Jensen and I would stay together another transfer.  But I suppose the Lord had other ideas and instead I will be getting a brand new guy -- straight outta the MTC.
            Elder Jensen did the driving here, so I don’t know how the whole manual car driving in roundabouts is going to work, or how I am even going to help this guy be a good missionary, but I guess it is all part of the adventure. A good scripture that pretty much explains how I feel is Moses 1:10: “And it came to pass that it was for the space of many hours before Moses did again receive his natural strength like unto man; and he said unto himself: Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed.”
            I feel very inadequate, but I am really excited as well. I know that the best thing to do is to recognize my weakness, be faithful, and put my trust in the Lord. That is the key to success for me. It’s going to be an interesting transfer.
            Well, that is the biggest news of the week. The weather sucks.  Again, people are not really bothered to listen to us, and what not. But I am excited to get this next transfer rolling.

Love you all, stay happy,
Elder Purdy


from Jen:  

We received a beautiful letter from Christian's mission president who wrote, "You would be pleased to see the missionary your son has become ... He is doing a great work and is blessing the lives of many."

President Jordan also enclosed a copy of the letter calling Christian to serve as a New Missionary Trainer which read, "You have been chosen because of your obedience and faithfulness in living the mission rules and in serving the Lord 'with all your heart, might, mind, and strength.'"