Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, March 25, 2013

A Really Hard Week


Ahoy everyone,
            This week was hard – really hard. It has been awhile since I have had a week that was this frustrating. I feel bad for poor Elder Mongelli.  His second week in the mission was not the best.  Lots of our appointments cancelled on us, bad weather, a few of our investigators dropped us -- it has been rough.  We ended up doing a lot of finding, just going door to door in the mud and rain and fog, and it was just not the week I was picturing, so I hope this week will be a bit brighter.
            We also saw some miracles however.  We were tracting and we had been at it for 3 hours I think, and nobody was interested at all! So we said a prayer that we would find one person that would be interested in learning more. We picked out a street that we felt would be good and we went at it.  Nothing happened until the last three doors.  We went up to one and I knew this was the house that was going to have someone who was interested! So I got really pumped, but nobody was home.
            So we went to the next one – same story! And then we went to the next one and the same thing happened.  Needless to say, discouragement started to creep into my little cotton socks, but then lo and behold, a car pulled up to the house where I thought someone was going to be interested.  A lady went inside, so we walked back over and knocked on the door.  She was WAY interested.  She is interested in the Book of Mormon and has tickets to see the Book of Mormon musical in July.  I don’t know how we will deal with that, but I am just excited to see a prayer answered so directly.
            Other than that we are STILL teaching Marina.  It honestly hurts my heart that I want her to just accept the gospel so bad.  But I guess she just doesn’t see it the same way I do.  It hurts, but we are going to just keep trying and keep praying.  She is so close.  I am really close with her sister and her family that are members, which is good.  I just love the whole lot of them.
            My license still hasn’t come in, so driving is still a struggle.  We are working it out though.  Poor Elder Mongelli is not the greatest of drivers.  He really doesn’t have any perception of choosing one lane haha.  And roundabouts are not his forte, but it is OK.  The license should be here this week!!!
            Not too much to bring up besides that.  I love England, I love being here, I love the gospel.  I have been studying a lot about the creation, the fall and the atonement this week, which has been good.  I especially have enjoyed the creation.  I like learning about that.  Hopefully the weather warms up here soon.  I need some spring to warm these old bones of mine.
            I love you all and I hope to hear from you soon.