Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, November 5, 2012

My Favorite Thing is Helping People


online with Michael:

Hi.....I am online doing a survey, so I decided to drop you a quick line.

So glad. How are things?

Things really are going well, I love Elder McCormack.  The thing is, it’s kind of hard to work really hard.  I brought it up with President Jordan and all he said was "you are doing fine" but I don’t feel like I am.

Well, if there is one thing I believe about missionary work it is that you do best when you lose yourself in the work.  That doesn’t mean losing yourself in drudgery but losing yourself in trying the best you can and enjoying the experience regardless of the results.  In other words, you can enjoy doing it even if people are not lining up to be baptized. 

It seems like you were pretty happy when you and Murri were hitting it hard.  You once said that you could get along with anyone if they were willing to work.  So, go to work.  Make it fun and interesting work.  Serve, love, grow, learn—that is missionary work.  What do you think?

I agree, and don’t get me wrong.  I am not sad or anything.  Elder McCormack is great.  I really do love [him]. 

You are a good man and I am proud of you.  I learn from you and I am sure that everyone else does as well.

As I said, don’t worry about investigators coming and going.  That will happen all the time.  Your progress is measured by your growth and effort.  You cannot control how others react.  You can only control putting your effort out there and letting the Lord know you are willing to go where he needs you.  The other end is between God and the individual.

Don’t worry.  Be your happy, friendly, hard-working self and nothing but good awaits you.

Things are going OK.  I am just sick of all of our investigators going nowhere, like a lady who came to church wayyyy drunk.  Needless to say we haven’t invited her back yet.

I bet the drunk lady was feeling the spirits!  Haha

What is your favorite part of the work?

My favorite thing is helping people . . . and all the weird stories I will have by the end.