Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, November 12, 2012

An Excellent Week

Friends and Family!

            Well hey there everyone, I hope you are all doing well. Elder McCormack and I had an excellent week this week.

            Well first, a pretty crazy thing happened on Tuesday.  We had to get a train into Ilford, which is right outside of London. There isn’t a train that goes straight there from Southend so we thought we got a ticket to Barking and then planned to walk to the chapel in Ilford. Well, we ended up in the most dodgy place I have ever been! We were walking down the street and there wasn’t a white person as far as the eye could see. We stuck out so badly -- two white guys in suits walking down a street full of people from Pakistan and India and all those places. We got some pretty funny looks. I thought it was fun though, and actually people were saying hello and everything to us. So it really wasn’t a bad place, but we still stuck out like sore thumbs.

            We gave an investigator named J a baptismal date for January!  He has been trying to get off the cannabis and he hasn’t smoked in about a fortnight. So he is doing well.  He came to church on Sunday and had a good time. I am really excited for him.


haggis   (photo from the web)
            I got called a Pikey a few days ago...which pretty much means Irish scum. So I guess the guy thought I was Irish or something. But I really didn’t take much offense to it.

            Things with Elder McCormack are going quite well.  We ate haggis a last week.  It was my first time having it, and I must say it was very delicious. Ours wasn’t a very traditional one.  They are usually made out of pig. Ours was made out of sheep liver, sheep lung, and cow heart. It was pretty good.

            People here are really excited about President Obama. They really like him over here. So that’s good and fair I suppose.

            I still read the Book of Mormon every day.  I am just about to finish round #2 and then I will go for #3.

            Well that’s all I have for today.  You know England really feels like home now. I feel quite at home with all these great people.


Love you guys,
Elder Purdy