Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A New Adventure: Transfer to Hitchin

            Big news, big news … drum rollllllll …
            I am moving!!!  
            I will be whitewashing in Hitchin, which is up in Hertfordshire.  Whitewashing means that we are reopening an area.  I will be training and will still be district leader up there as well. It’s a tall order, but I am pretty excited about it.  It will be a new adventure fo sho!
            Hitchin is by St. Albans and it’s a London zone which will be nice.  I will still be in the country.  Elder Mongelli will be training a new missionary as well, which is crazy. I am a grandaddy!!  Quite fun.
            I am sad I am leaving as well though.  I am going to miss the people here, especially the Stockers.  I am so glad I got to become close with them, and I will be sad to not see them every Sunday.



from Jen:
We are so excited to hear more about the work here.  I looked up Hitchin and learned a few facts about Christian's new area.  
          1.  Hitchin is an old market town, first mentioned in a 7th-century document.
          2.  In 1697 the most severe hailstorm recorded in British history occurred in Hitchin.  Hailstones were reported to be over 4 inches in diameter.
          3.  Historically, the town prospered from the wool trade and its St. Mary's church is very large for a town of about 33,000 people.  Most of the church dates from the 15th century, with its tower dating from around 1190.  However, remains of a 7th-century basilica have also been found on the site.
          4.  Hitchin is located between London and Cambridge, which can both be reached in about 30 minutes by express train.
          5.  On Tuesdays and Saturdays you can still visit the traditional open market which has been held for over 500 years.
          6.  Hitchin is host to the annual Rhythms of the World music festival.

Here are some photos I found on the internet:


Hertfordshire country

the nearby Pegsdon Hills are a nature reserve

a historic hotel in Hitchin

Hitchin town square




St. Mary's