Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Trying My Hand at District Leader


Hello hello!

            Well yesterday we got transfer calls and Elder Mongelli and I will be staying together again for another transfer! I am excited to work here another six weeks along with that I am trying my hand at district leader.   I will definitely be busy and we surely have plenty of potential to have a baptism!!

            We have been all over the place trying to find new investigators.  We prayed and felt that we needed to get out of Sittingbourne and go to some little villages that are scattered about in our area. And what a decision that was!  We found four or five really good potential people that I am really excited to meet with this week, along with our other investigators like Marina.

            Speaking of her, she is going to be the death of me.  I think that is the problem with missionary work.  You start to love the people so much that it honestly hurts you to not see them come to church and to not progress towards baptism.  We are still working with her though.  I will keep you posted on what happens.  I think I need to just show her that she matters to us, and that she definitely matters to our Heavenly Father.  When people understand their true relationship with their Heavenly Father, then prayer becomes natural, and so does living the gospel.

            Other than that, the weather this week has been beautiful.  I love England so much.  Flowers are popping up everywhere and I can actually see the sky now. It is great.  It has been fun to go around to these little villages in this weather as well – everything is so old! I took a picture in a village called Lower Halstow next to an Anglican Church named St. Margaret of Antioch that was built by the Saxons back in the 7th century or so. So cool.

            I love you all, I love England, and I love the gospel.

            I have studied a lot about the Atonement this week and am so grateful for the sacrifice that our Saviour Jesus Christ made for us.  To think that the creator of this earth died for us so that we may live again is something that I cannot fully comprehend.

Have a good week
Elder Purdy