Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, April 8, 2013

Ah Man, I Love the Gospel


Hello again! 

            I loved Conference!  I felt the spirit so strongly in the talks that were given.  I think my favourite was Elder Eyring’s or Elder Uchtdorf’s.  They were good ones.

            We had a good week this week.  We were running around to meetings in Canterbury and in London so we have been pretty busy. It has been good to go to meetings, but I am looking forward to a week just doing our thing -- teaching and finding people.

            Speaking of which, here is a story for you guys.  We were tracting in a little village called Lower Halstow -- super country, lots of sheep -- but anyways we were not having much success.  We really wanted to find some people to teach so we said a prayer.  It was getting late and after the prayer we still didn’t find anyone until we both looked at a house and we knew that was the one.  Sure enough we knocked and a gentlemen answered and said we could come back the next day.  It was cool to see the Lord’s hand help us out so plainly, but … when we went back to the man’s house it turns out he was a Christian minister from Illinois of all places.  All he wanted to do was have a good ol'-fashioned Bible bash with us.  He knew his scriptures and his weird Mormon doctrine quite well.  He wanted us to give him historical evidence of the apostasy.  Whatever … I guess God does have a sense of humour haha. After we came out of our "lovely" meeting with him we knocked on a few more doors and we found a lady who speaks perfect Italian so she and Elder Mongelli can understand each other.  We will be going back this week.  I will keep you posted on her.

            Ah man, I love the gospel though.  I don’t know why but I have had to deal with so much anti stuff on my mission.  But you know what … let ‘em talk.  The gospel is true.  Joseph Smith was a prophet – I have known that since I was a little kid, and nothing is going to shake that. 

            Other than that, we have been working with a lot of less actives.

            Here is one more experience. 

            We went to a less active’s house.  This was the first time we were meeting with this person and the first time we have been to their house, and a girl we didn’t know answered the door.  I asked if our less active was there and she said yes but then she asked how we knew she was here.  I was rather confused to say the least.  It turns out, that this was her daughter’s home.  We didn’t even know that they had a daughter and somehow we went to her house AND our less active was there.  We taught her and her daughter and we are going to start teaching her daughter and her non-member husband.

            That’s really about it for this week.  The Book of Mormon musical has taken off here.  Everyone loves it and I think we are going to see a lot of attention from it.

Love you all.  Have a good week. 


Here are some pictures of Lower Halstow from the internet: