Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, April 29, 2013

Gung Ho and Guns Blazing


Ahoy there one and all,

            Time here in Sittingbourne is going by far too fast.  I don’t know what time is anymore.  We are always busy, always running around – it’s crazy.  Sometimes I feel a bit robbed of time! I spend so much time on the phone with conference calls and talking to other missionaries, its mental.  It’s good to feel accountable for things though.  I’m growing a lot.


            All is going quite well.  We are teaching a girl named Ara.  She is the daughter of a member named Catherine.  She is good.  She is 15 and she likes coming to church, but doesn’t really believe in God. We talked a lot about how we are children of God, and how before we came here we lived with him.  It was a very spiritual lesson.  I know she enjoyed it a lot, and I know that she is feeling her Heavenly Father’s love for her. I think that inherently everyone knows that they have divine potential,  that we are destined for much much more than mediocrity, and we can reach that potential through the gospel by being shaped into that person we were designed to be. We are hoping to have her baptized this transfer. We haven’t seen Marina for a while now.  I don’t know what happened.  She just stopped seeing us and stopped reading and coming to church.  I am very disappointed about that, but I hope things will turn around again.  I am still very excited about Ara.  She is solid.

            We have had a fun week.  We have still just been trekking around all of the little villages around here.  It has been fun learning how to drive since my license came.  I am terrible at roundabouts.  I just go into them gung ho and guns blazing.  It keeps things interesting for sure.

            We have been really busy with less actives.  That’s actually how we got to teaching Ara was through our less active lessons.  It has been so good to go to all of these people and help them feel that spirit they are familiar with, to remind them how happy this can make them. It is working.  Our chapel was looking more full than usual on Sunday.

            We have been working really closely with Sister Stocker as well.  She is great.  I love her.  She helps us out a lot in this area.

            Elder Mongelli is good.  We get along really well and I am excited to work more with him some more.

            Well that’s all the time I’ve got.  God Save the Queen.  Enjoy the pictures.

Love,
Elder Purdy

Christian's district -- he is the only American.  His companion Elder Mongelli is from Italy.
Christian is standing next to him.  The others from left to right are from South Africa, Brazil, England, and Malaysia.