Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Moving . . .



Hey there loved ones,

            Well it looks like I will be moving!!!!!! I am moving to Sittingbourne, Kent, which is in the Canterbury Zone.  Kinda weird.  It is pretty much right across the river from where I am now.  We have a car in that area so that will be nice.  My companion will be Elder Jensen from Utah.  I think he has only been out a few transfers.
            Anywho, I am excited to move.  Dover and Canterbury are really close by so I can go check those out on p-days.  However I will not be able to go into London much, which is a bummer.
            Still it’s kind of sad.  I have said good bye to people like Andy and Chris who I am REALLY going to miss. I will definitely have to keep in touch with them. People grow on you when you stay in an area for seven and a half months.  It makes it hard to move on.
            But I am really excited.  I hear Elder Jensen is a great missionary who works hard, and as long as he does that I am sure we can get along great. Sounds like a cool kid and a good hard-working missionary, which is what I need.
            This Sunday there was a lady from Peru who came to sacrament meeting. I didn’t know who she was so I talked to her afterward.  She did not speak any English at all. I thought it was so cool that she was so dedicated to keeping the Sabbath day holy, that she went to a church meeting even though she did not understand it at all. It really touched my heart. I spoke what little Spanish I have learned over the years to her.  She found out I was from America and thought I spoke Spanish fluently.  She went off a million miles an hour in Spanish.  I picked up two things – “spirito santos” and  “El Libro De Mormon” haha. But she was really a lovely lady, bless her.
            I am SO glad you guys are reading the Book of Mormon. What a book!
            This week it has been snowing for like three days straight.  The place has pretty much shut down.
            Not much else is happening.  I’m  just doing my thang.

Love you guys,
Elder Purdy