Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, January 28, 2013

First Transfer -- Sittingbourne


from Jen’s e-mail:
             I looked up your address on Google Maps streetview and I think I saw where you live.  At least I saw a sign on the driveway that said "Albion Mews."  Are you in the house facing the street or in a house behind it? 
            Sittingbourne looks like a nice little town.  I read that the main jobs are working at the paper plant and making bricks.  Even their football team is called the “Brickies."  You'll have to tell me more about St. Michael's church in town – it looks pretty historic.  Oh – and how's the driving?  I seemed like there were a lot of random one-way streets in town :)

reply to Jen’s e-mail:
            Our house is the one on the street, and we are WAYYY up top in the loft, our flat is just a loft conversion. I really like it though.  It’s a nice place. 
            Yeah we have a car! I don’t need a British license yet. But I need to practice up on driving on the left. Our area is really big, and it’s all on country roads, so I am stoked. Having a car is something.  We are switching our car for a stick shift, so I will have to learn to do that before I drive for reals, haha.   Elder Jensen does all the driving.  He is really good at stick shift.  I need to start getting stuff done for my license before my American one expires. It’s fun stuff.
            Sittingbourne is very . . . English.   There are not that many people and we just travel around little villages in our car.

reply to Michael’s e-mail:

            So to answer some of your questions –
            Yes, there are more missionaries nearby.  There are a couple of sisters who are in the Gillingham 1st Ward, and we are in the Gillingham 2nd Ward.  We always give them rides places and we work really closely with one another.
            Yes, I am a senior companion now – moving up the ranks, haha.  Just kidding, but yeah, I am senior. Elder Jensen is only a transfer younger than me though, so it’s good to work with somebody around the same mission age as I am. 
            Well, I’ve got to go -- time is money.


Albion House, 30 London Road, Sittingbourne, Kent
(downloaded from Google maps -- streetview)