Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference and Looking Funky Fresh


Hey Errybody:

            How good was that General Conference? There were some really good talks.  I especially liked Elder Echo Hawk’s talk. He was really heartfelt and sincere about the Book of Mormon.


            How crazy are those general conference announcements? Those blew my mind.  I think this is going to change a whole lot of missionary work. I have an interview with President Jordan this week.  He emailed me and said he wanted to talk about these things. I think we are going to see more missionaries, and surely more female missionaries.  Tell Liam to read that scripture in the Book of Mormon that says "consider the lilies" When I read that at the beginning of my mission it just told me to relax and enjoy. Don’t fret.

            This week was a pretty good week. We saw some real improvements with our work. I have been trying to improve my planning. I am the one that plans everything we do and I am quickly learning that you need to put a good plan together and be organized to be successful. It has been hard sometimes but I am really learning a lot.  We are definitely learning by trial and error. On Saturday night we had to sleep on some other elders’ sofa because we missed the train back to Southend. So hopefully that doesn’t happen again. Things are going well though.

            It is so dang cold here now. Every morning I wake up there is frost and fog outside.
 

            Teaching is going well. We are teaching a girl named Kamisha. She has never believed in God, or any higher power, so we are really trying to get her a deeper understanding and concept of God. Right now she thinks God is a genie or grants peoples wishes....but I guess it’s better than nothing.

            I bought a tweed pair of pants here for really cheap. They are pretty slim fit and I think I am looking pretty funky fresh.

Cheerio
Elder Purdy