Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, October 22, 2012

Eternal Families


Ahoy,

 
            Well this week has been pretty good. Here is a cool experience:

 
            I was on a workover here in Southend with Elder Hansen. He came over from Grays. We were having a pretty rubbish day and all of our appointments dropped us. But our very last appointment at 8 o’clock was a Lithuanian family called the Juchmakovs. They are a part-member family.  The mom is a member.  Her name is Valdona and she is a really cool lady.  Her son is a member, his name is Paulus and he is 15, and her daughter is a less active member named Greta. Her husband, Serge, is not a member and we have never had a good lesson with him.

 
            So Elder Hansen and I go there and are eating dinner and are just having a good time. I didn’t really know what lesson we were going to share but I felt like we should talk about eternal families, which is a super weird subject, because Serge doesn’t like the church, and he isn’t even a member.  But I really felt like we should and so we started to talk about it.

 
            We started talking about how important families are and how cool it is we can be with them through the eternities.  Valdona asked Serge if he wanted to be in an eternal family and he said yes, which was cool. Then we started talking about how we know we can have these families because of the restoration. Then Serge asked, "How do you know that he (Joseph Smith) was telling the truth, and that this is the true church?" I was absolutely awestruck.  This guy usually doesn’t say a word and just sits there and looks grumpy.  But I bore testimony to him that it was true, and that he can know for himself through prayer.  Then Elder Hansen bore testimony of it, and then Valdona bore testimony of it!  By the time she was finished their whole family was in tears and we said to Serge that he is feeling the spirit, and he was way stoked!

 
            It was a pretty amazing lesson.

 
            In other news, transfers are this week, which is pretty exciting!  I really feel close to this ward and I don’t really want to leave.  We will see.

 
            Well I am reading the Book of Mormon again. Right now I think I am in Alma 30.  I don’t even think I can describe how good I feel when I read it. It is truly inspired work.

 
            Well I hope to hear from you all very soon.  I love you all and you are in my prayers.

 
Christianus Purdius