Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Arrival in England / First E-mail

From Jen:

Christian flew directly to Preston, England to the Missionary Training Center there.  President Walker was the president of the MTC and President Williams was his counselor.  We were so happy to get our first e-mail from Sister Williams:



Thursday, June 7, 2012
England Missionary Training Center



Dear Parents and Friends,
                We invite you to enjoy your missionary’s MTC experience with these photos. We will post regularly.
 Your missionaries arrived safe and sound, had a good meal, and are tucked in for the night. Thank you so much for sharing them with the Lord. You will be blessed.

Sincerely, 
Sis. Janet Williams, England MTC

arriving

"put your luggage against the wall"

 
Elder Purdy with President and Sister Walker


They made sure the missionaries e-mailed home before they went to bed.  Here's Christian's first e-mail home:

Thursday, June 7, 2012
Howdy Y’all
                 Well I made it safely to the MTC.
                There were 18 missionaries on my flight and we all sat in one big pack. The flight to England was way long and I didn't get much sleep but I am excited to be here.  What a cool place England is! It is really rainy right now but everything is super green. Everybody I have met has been nice. In the airport I really could not understand some people though. Some of these accents are way thick and I can't understand them. Also, driving on the left is pretty crazy.
                I don’t have my companion yet but right now I’m rooming with a guy from Sacramento and another guy from Spain, they are both very nice. Lots of kids from Utah are here and there is a sister from Australia and a brother from the Philippines. I know there is more but I haven't met everyone yet. The MTC president is way nice and so are all the rest of the people who work here. I’ll send some pictures next week. I haven’t taken any yet really only a few from our bus.
                I’m so stoked to be here and I will let you know how my first week goes.
Love you guys,
Christian Purdy