Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, March 24, 2014

I am Happy to be Serving Here

Hello Hello,
            Hope you all had a good weekend, I sure did!
            Elder Kopischke and I had a great time teaching and finding over the weekend.
            We are teaching a friend of the Stake President. His name is Brett and he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met! We helped him move a shed in the stake president’s back garden and got to talking. We invited him to take the missionary lessons and he said he would love to! We taught him on Sunday and he knows quite a bit about the church, and said he would be baptized if he feels the spirit. I'm well chuffed about him. He is a star.
            Also we had a lesson with a guy we met who used to live in the States. He has a friend who is a mission president in Uruguay. He just got back from there where he spent two weeks with him. He said he was very curious to learn more about our faith because he really felt good as he went to church meetings even though he does not speak Spanish. We are seeing him this week again.
            The flat here in Ashford is nice.  I agree with the way Elder Kopischke explained it – “it’s just enough” – just big enough to house both of us.  Especially the bathroom and shower – they are pretty tiny.
            The ward here is great. I am really happy to be working with them. They are very supportive and really help us to bring others unto Christ.
            We had a district meeting in Deal on Thursday. It was fun driving by Dover again and seeing the cliffs. They look very lovely around this time of year!
            I’m happy to help the other missionaries as well. We have 2 or 4 meetings this week with them and it will be fun to work with them and go on exchanges.
            I am happy to be serving here. I’ve got about 9 weeks left and I just want to love everybody into the Gospel. I am sure I will see plenty of miracles between now and June.

Love,

Elder Purdy