Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No Hard Feelings, Old Bean

Hello Hello,
            Woke up at 3 on Wednesday – had to drive into London and pick up Elder Cuche! And may I just say I love the guy! We get along just great – two peas in a pod.
            The rest of the week was up and down. Neil and Bob, our Chinese investigators, are having second thoughts about their baptism dates. We are helping them out but it’s not looking too good at the moment. Makes me sad but we are going to do all we can. They are just scared about what people in China would think of them and they are scared they couldn’t keep with it. We are going to show them the church’s website in China. Hopefully that will help.
            We had interviews with our president yesterday. He is a good man. I enjoy meeting with President Jordan and the rest of my zone very much.  
            Elder Cuche and I had to get people onto the right trains and what not. We started at 9, finished at 7, then went out talking to students at the uni. The second person we met was a girl named Melany. She is from South Africa. We invited her to the YSA Family Home Evening and she came! Bingo. We are seeing her tomorrow and she is so curious to learn more! We had a fun evening with her and the other YSA. She wanted to know why our church has so many young people when other churches only have old people.  Because it is true!!! And it brings people a sense of happiness that is found nowhere else! And we just have fun I suppose.
            There was some anti-cult thing going on in Norwich today and one of the guys called to me in a rather derogatory manner and gave me a pamphlet and said, "You will need this, Mormon. Worship Jesus Christ not Joseph Smith."
            I didn’t get mad because I thought of Melany coming to the Family Home Evening and the spirit we felt there. And I thought of teaching her the Plan of Salvation and all the questions it can answer for her. So no hard feelings, old bean.
            Well that’s all I have for this week. Love you all.

Cheerio,


Elder Purdy