Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Last Full Week of This Transfer

Ahoy,

            Had a meeting in London yesterday so I am shooting off my e-mails today!
            The meeting was good. Elder Evans from the missionary department came and spoke to us about finding people, it was really inspiring! I loved what he said, he talked a lot about how we should not just stop people in the street and turn on the fire hose with doctrine and Joseph Smith and what not, but we need to just keep our cool and talk with people, not talk to people. He said it bugged him that missionaries would set aside time to find people instead of just constantly being involved. It was good. I took some good notes.
            Our week last week was interesting. Lots of traveling. I had a workover in St. Albans with Elder Doudou from Germany on Tuesday, and then on Thursday I had a workover in Harlow Essex with a missionary from my district. Felt like we had lots of travel and I wasn’t really able to be here for some of the lessons with our investigators. Emily is doing well, and will be baptized at the end of this month.  I- is doing fantastic. Her mother was excited because we brought a missionary from Brazil with us to the lesson and they just went off pretty much the whole time speaking in Portuguese.
            We actually ended up dropping a few people this week. Sometimes people are just not willing to change. They love to have us over and to hear what we have to say, but won’t apply what we ask them to in their own lives. It is terribly frustrating, so my personal goal for this week is to find just one person to teach – find the one that wants to change.  Just one!
            The meeting in London was a good way to start off the week, and it was perfect for the things I want to accomplish this week. I am really looking forward to seeing some miracles happen! I care so much about the people of England and I could not think of something I would rather be doing right now than inviting them to come to Christ, to achieve their goals, to find more happiness in life.
            Cool story, I was talking with one of the youth in our ward on Sunday, and I asked him about the youth camp that was last week in Wales. He said it was fun, then his friend, who I had never met before said he enjoyed it too. Apparently he went and loved it and came to church that Sunday with his friend.  He now wants to join the church – excellent! It’s funny how all of our investigators pretty much are under the age of 16 haha.

            Well, transfers are next week and I will let you all know what’s going down. Have a good week! Here is a picture from the meeting in London.

Love,


Elder Purdy