Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, April 14, 2014

Chatham, Ramsgate, Sittingbourne, and a National Health Experience

Ahoy!
            Things here are good. Pretty mental week. Had three exchanges. Tuesday I was in Chatham, Thursday Ramsgate, and Friday back in my old area Sittingbourne!
            It wore me out traveling around so much but it was fun! Most of the days we spent finding new investigators. I was pretty stoked because I finished the Book of Mormon this week again and I have been really eager to go and tell everybody about it. We met some pretty interesting people. We met a man who believed that the second coming already happened (??) There are some funny people out there!
       
Ramsgate Main Sands Beach
     I especially liked Ramsgate because it is right on the sea. In the morning we woke up and went running down the sea shore. The smell brought back fond memories, and the water looked really nice as well. I was with an Elder from South Africa who is from one of those tribes that speak that clicky language. We actually found a lady who comes from the same background as him. They got talking and clicking away and I just stood there. It was pretty fun to watch.


            It was good being back in Sittingbourne as well. Saw some dear, dear friends. We taught one of their investigators who is really solid. He went from drinking 12 beers a day to 0! Amazing how the atonement can just totally transform somebody into a better person. It is amazing to see that process as a missionary. He will be baptized at the end of the month. Also, I felt really prompted that we should call an investigator who I taught when I was with Elder Mongelli. Her number was still in the phone and I rang her up. It turns out she lives in Ashford now! I think we will be able to meet up in the next couple of weeks. God works in his own time!
            Also, I forgot to mention I woke up Sunday morning and I my left ear was really deaf and hurt pretty bad. After church we went to the NHS hospital and they sorted me out all right – two hours of waiting for ten minutes of treatment. I may have hurt my ear drum. They gave me some ear drops. Today I can’t hear very well still, but it’s feeling a bit better. I should be all right. National Health was worth the experience anyways! Pretty interesting. Not too shabby.

Love you all!

Elder Purdy