Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Last Transfer

Friends and family!

            Well I have only been in Ashford for five short weeks and I am already moving!
Christian lives just a little bit southeast of the Olympic stadium
I got released as a zone leader and I am going to Stratford in London for my last transfer. It’s where the Olympic stadium is. I’m pretty excited! I was one of the missionaries that was a zone leader the longest so it was about time I got released. Should be fun – one more transfer!
His flat is the one with the white door
            I was really surprised to be moved but I suppose it is what the Lord wants. My new companion is Elder Harding from Pleasant Grove. Stratford is pretty much all Africans! Not many English people at all, so it’s very different than what I am used to. It is going to be a fun last transfer though. I am excited to go out with a bang.
            This week has been good. Elder Kopischke taught some great lessons. On Easter Sunday we had a fantastic lesson with a girl from Guyana who is here studying. As we bore testimony about the reality of Christ and the Book of Mormon the spirit was so strong, even though we were just sitting at a bus stop! It was raining, but amidst all of that we all felt the spirit. It was good. After that we had an amazing dinner with members who made us a very delicious Sunday roast. That is something I am going to miss about the U.K, having a roast dinner every Sunday! I will have to bring that tradition back home.
            Unfortunately this week my camera got stolen … straight out of my bag. I had it next to me sitting on a bench and then some guy snatched it and ran off. We went looking for him and we found my bag on the ground. Everything was in it except my camera, so all the pictures that I had from Ashford are gone.  I am not sure how I will sort that one out but it’s OK. I am just happy to be here and be involved in some amazing things! I’ll just have to steal some pictures from Elder Kopischke’s camera.
            I also had to sort out my ear this week. It turned out I did have an ear infection. The first doctor was terribly wrong. The second one I went to got me sorted out with some antibiotics and I am already feeling better.
            Well I have this final transfer and I am so excited to see what comes of it. It’s going to be pretty amazing and I am eager to get out and work hard.

Love,

Elder Purdy