Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Church is True, The Book is Blue

Hello Hello!
            Well as I said last week, have a new companion from Germany, Elder Vogel. He is a great guy. We have had a good week.
            The downside to this week was I was rather ill until Sunday. I had lost my voice completely, so I was pretty ineffective as a missionary. We taught a couple from the Congo – Cadeau and Sifi. During the climax of my ailment I invited them to be baptized. My voice sounded terrible – a bit like a frog – and my voice cracked right in the middle of it. But they accepted! By small and simple things great things are brought to pass.
photo from deseretnews.com
            Going into London was a bit manic as well. There was a tube strike so all transportation was over ground. It took us so long to get to Euston Station, where we were picking Elder Vogel up. So to pass the time we were handing mormon.org cards out the window to people on the street or to people on bikes. It was really good, We even gave one to a red bus driver who we pulled up next to us haha. The goal next time is to give out a Book of Mormon.
            Recently I have been reading lots of the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi when Jesus visits the Nephites. I have really enjoyed it. I came across a cool quote from Neal A Maxwell that I like about the book: 

“The Book of Mormon is like a vast mansion, with gardens, towers, courtyards, and wings. My tour of it has never been completed. Some rooms I have yet to enter, and there are more felicitous fireplaces waiting to warm me. Even the rooms I have glimpsed contain further furnishings and rich detail yet to be savored. There are panels inlaid with incredible insights, and design and décor dating from Eden. There are even sumptuous banquet tables painstakingly prepared by predecessors which await all of us. Yet we as church members sometimes behave like hurried tourists scarcely entering beyond the entry hall.”

            Very true, the Book of Mormon has helped me grow my belief in Jesus Christ so much, and I keep learning new things from it!
            The Simbis are doing well. They came to church. So did Cadeau and Sifi and their family. We had loads of people at church in fact, it was pretty incredible. It was definitely the most I have ever had at sacrament meeting. We took up a couple rows of the pews. 
            Other than that, the weather is rainy, but I am happy as a clam. I’m grateful to be in Merry ole England and spreading the good word!
            The church is true, the book is blue.



God Save the Queen!


Elder Purdy