Christian is serving in the Stratford area in London.

He will arrive home in Salt Lake City on June 4 about 5:15 p.m. and will speak in church on June 8 @ 12:30.


The address of the mission office is:

England London Mission
64/68 Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2PA
England, United Kingdom

Monday, September 16, 2013

Rule Britannia! Pip Pip

You all right mates?
            Well it has been a cold and rainy week! Autumn seems to be here to stay.
            Our week was all right. Elder Botcha and I worked very hard, but we were not able to see as much success as hoped for. We had lots of appointments cancel on us this week, but we were able to stay busy and stay happy. We tracted a lot and we went to try and find some less actives a lot. But the Lord still blessed us to stay happy and stay positive and I am very grateful for that.
            Ashwani is doing well. We saw him this week. We came to his home and he was sitting down watching some Bollywood film haha. We walked in and it looked so funny – it was a really old one with English subtitles. The subtitles kept saying "blood for blood, blood for blood" while some song was going on in Hindi and some guy was walking toward an empty prison cell. I am not sure what was going on but we turned it off. We taught him and the spirit was pretty strong. We talked about some of the goals he had in his life and how he thought he could achieve those goals, and if living a good clean life would further help him. He agreed that it would and we taught about Christ and how we can receive blessings. It was very good.
            We also got a family referred to us! – which never happens. A lovely French sister in the ward here referred an Italian family she used to live with – the Virgelitto family. She was really nervous about us going over and was worried that they would not be interested, but we told her we would fast with her and go over the next day. We did and we met the dad, Vinchenzo. He doesn’t speak English very well, and Elder Botcha and I don’t speak Italian very well, but I remembered a little bit from being with Elder Mongelli. We told him we were friends of the sister and we wanted to talk about God and families. They were really busy but they invited us back this week. I am really excited for that! and I really pray everything will go well. They seem like excellent people.
            The rest of the week was us trying to find investigators and teach people through a drizzle of rain every day, but we had a good time.
            I have been studying in the Bible quite a bit, especially from the Book of Job in the OT. I don’t know why but I just want to read it. I have liked it so far. I am learning a lot.
            Well that’s all I have. This is a picture of me at a very posh house of a family that live in our ward. I am trying to look very studious.
            Well, I love you all – have a good week.

Rule Britannia! Pip Pip

Elder Purdy